448Mb of pc133!!!....but does nothing...

G

I had 192 of pc133 CAS2 memory and it didn't work properly and I bought 256Mb of pc133 CAS2.5 and almost threw away those 192Mb(took them out and didn't use them). Then just for sure I plugged thme all in and found out that it suddenly works! both work at CAS2.5 pc133!! 448Mb! but ah...what does it give me? faster loadings? more frames? I don't think that much right? should I keep it at 448Mb or remove some? they are made by different manufactures but work together very good!

G

What motherboard are you using? I didn't know it was possible to set PC133 RAM to anything but CAS2 or CAS3. If you can, then it sounds like your 192MB of CAS2 memory just isn't CAS2.

G

um the point for more ram is to speed up apps be able to open more apps and keep windows from using verual ram (aka hard drive) u should keep all the ram u can. most people dont realy notice the suddle stuff when u add more ram but as a tech i added 128 megs to my 256megs and saw a nice improvment. but then again whats your board and is it all running at pc-133 or did u mix it on a pc-100 board. anyways having more ram is always better if u take it away when u keep your computer on all the time u start to slwo from lack of ram or playing games. fps probly wont improve but trust me im going for 512 cus i cant use 384 i run out all the time. jsut keep it man.

Computer Shop owner and Head tech.