Gallarian

Distinguished
Hey guys,

(My PC spec are in my sig)

My rig has been running fine since I put it together 3 months ago, and was working fine a few hours ago. But I went to switch it on about 30 mins back and I got nothing, no fans, no lights etc

Checked all the obvious - power cable in properly, PSU switch on, mains switch on etc

Also tried changing power cables and plug sockets, but got nothing.

Ive tried switching it on from the power button on my mobo but that didnt work either.

When I flick the switch on the back of my PSU to 'On' it makes a little quiet buzz sound, so obviously some electrical activity is happening, but apart from that nothing happens.

My initial thoughts are my PSU has died, but are there any other suggestions?

If you also think it may be my PSU, is there anyway (short of trying a different one) to test it out?

Thanks,

Gallarian

Distinguished
Moved my PC downstairs to my table to work on today, for some reason it booted straight up :S

However, I did come across a screen saying 'Your computer was unable to start' with the options to boot normally or with windows repair. I tried the repair option but it told me it was unable to do anything, and shut me down.

After I turned back on, it booted normally and apparently is back to working order.

Any ideas on what it could have been?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check could be a loose cable graphic card or memory sticks or something else since you move it around and it bot,also i would do a good virus check in safe mode without network connected and use malwarebytes for spyware in case something got to windows

ohbarf

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

I had an issue extremely similar to yours happen to me a while back. It ended up being the wall socket.. and only one of the two. The other one would still run everything fine, and even the bad one could handle my monitor.. just not my computer. After trying just about everything I could think of, I lugged my PC out to the hallway and plugged it in somewhere else. Of course, it worked perfectly. So embarrassing. :>