Sign in with
Your question

All in one computer graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2012 12:43:39 PM

Hello,
I have at sony vcg-lt20 series all in one computer I bought in 08. I think the graphics card in bad. How do I find and replace it?

More about : computer graphics card

January 25, 2012 1:36:29 PM

Did some more searching.

Unless you have a place to stick a new dedicated card you are SOL.

Wonder if one of the new external GPU's would work with the. Are they even out yet?

Graphics
Interface: Integrated
Installed: nVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT with 128MB dedicated memory and 1407MB Total Available Graphics Memory
Dual Display Support: None
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2012 2:02:49 PM

That computer is basically a laptop made to look like a desktop. It is like any other laptop in that you can easliy upgrade the RAM or Harddrive but that is pretty much it. Graphics cards in laptops are very difficult to replace and most PC repair outlets will tell you that it can't be done. You need to completely disassemble the computer to access the graphics card assuming you can find a replacement(ebay is the only place I can think of and they are difficult to find there). If the graphics card is integrated like inerax is saying then it is basically built into the motherboard of the computer and is not replacable at all. A normal desktop computer with integrated graphics will still have pci-e expansion slots inside so you can disable the integrated graphics through the BIOS and install a standard graphics card. Unfortunately, it looks like you do not have that capability.
m
l
Related resources
!