Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What to do with an i5 760

Last response: in Systems
April 2, 2012 12:29:57 AM

Hi

My old motherboard (gigabyte p55a-ud3r) broke down recently so I decided to replace the motherboard and CPU of my old system and keep the rest. However I now have a full functional i5 760 with no where to go. I was thinking of getting some parts together and creating a PC for my mum who will most likely just be browsing the internet or selling the processor. I was just wondering where I could find a lga1156 motherboard from in Sydney Australia for a reasonable price/how much would an i5 760 go for and where would I sell it? ebay perhaps?

I've looked around at eBay for motherboard, but i've had horror stories before with buying motherboard from ebay so i prefer not to.

Cheers
James

More about : 760

Best solution

a c 93 B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
April 2, 2012 2:56:48 AM

Yeah you might have a hard time finding P55 motherboards anymore but I'd say if you've got a nice LCD/LED to turn it into an HTPC - you could go mini-ITX or mATX and come out ahead. Run it off the onboard video and get a couple hard drives and you'll be fine.
April 2, 2012 4:50:23 AM

sounds like HTPC is the way to go! I think I still see some mATX/ ITX mobos still available from auspcmarket.

m
l
April 9, 2012 12:05:15 AM

Best answer selected by Jumbolkna.
m
l
!