Possible to run a gt 430 on this PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtuss11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hello and thanks for reading and helping to begin with. I am looking to put another graphics card in my computer, but it comes with problems. I have and older(maybe 3 or 4 years old) dell 530s(slimline). It has a stock 250w PSU. I did have a 9500 gt in my computer and it worked fine for over a year and just recently stopped working. At first i thought it was my motherboard because my computer would attempt to turn on and then just stop. The CPU fan would start and a second later would stop. I tested my PSU and it worked, so i assumed it was my motherboard. I didn't know it was my graphics card until i installed it on a friends computer and the same thing happened. I know that i could get another 9500 gt, but is there something better that i could possibly put in? Or is there possibly another PSU that i could replace my 250w with? This is what i was using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150522 . The only thing on my 530s that i have added besides a graphics card is another 2gb of RAM to total 3gb. I would just really like to figure out what i can do to play some not high-end games such as league of legends, WoW, and SWTOR. I really don't want to stress out my new laptop with so many games. Thank you all for your help.

lozotheatheist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

im not sure about the rest but go on youtube and search " Video card baking fix ", You will be amazed.

jtuss11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

Yeah, I'm not going to try that. I'd rather send mine in to get repaired than to "bake it" in my oven.....

Status
Not open for further replies.