Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Possible to run a gt 430 on this PSU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2012 2:23:26 PM

Hello and thanks for reading and helping to begin with. I am looking to put another graphics card in my computer, but it comes with problems. I have and older(maybe 3 or 4 years old) dell 530s(slimline). It has a stock 250w PSU. I did have a 9500 gt in my computer and it worked fine for over a year and just recently stopped working. At first i thought it was my motherboard because my computer would attempt to turn on and then just stop. The CPU fan would start and a second later would stop. I tested my PSU and it worked, so i assumed it was my motherboard. I didn't know it was my graphics card until i installed it on a friends computer and the same thing happened. I know that i could get another 9500 gt, but is there something better that i could possibly put in? Or is there possibly another PSU that i could replace my 250w with? This is what i was using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . The only thing on my 530s that i have added besides a graphics card is another 2gb of RAM to total 3gb. I would just really like to figure out what i can do to play some not high-end games such as league of legends, WoW, and SWTOR. I really don't want to stress out my new laptop with so many games. Thank you all for your help.

More about : run 430 psu

January 25, 2012 2:27:18 PM

jtuss11 said:
Hello and thanks for reading and helping to begin with. I am looking to put another graphics card in my computer, but it comes with problems. I have and older(maybe 3 or 4 years old) dell 530s(slimline). It has a stock 250w PSU. I did have a 9500 gt in my computer and it worked fine for over a year and just recently stopped working. At first i thought it was my motherboard because my computer would attempt to turn on and then just stop. The CPU fan would start and a second later would stop. I tested my PSU and it worked, so i assumed it was my motherboard. I didn't know it was my graphics card until i installed it on a friends computer and the same thing happened. I know that i could get another 9500 gt, but is there something better that i could possibly put in? Or is there possibly another PSU that i could replace my 250w with? This is what i was using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . The only thing on my 530s that i have added besides a graphics card is another 2gb of RAM to total 3gb. I would just really like to figure out what i can do to play some not high-end games such as league of legends, WoW, and SWTOR. I really don't want to stress out my new laptop with so many games. Thank you all for your help.

im not sure about the rest but go on youtube and search " Video card baking fix ", You will be amazed.
January 25, 2012 2:38:10 PM

lozotheatheist said:
im not sure about the rest but go on youtube and search " Video card baking fix ", You will be amazed.

Yeah, I'm not going to try that. I'd rather send mine in to get repaired than to "bake it" in my oven.....
Related resources
January 25, 2012 3:44:03 PM

9500 gt for starters

gtx 460 for main course

January 25, 2012 3:44:32 PM

it's not baking

your are scientifically melting the solders to liquid

Best solution

a c 175 U Graphics card
January 25, 2012 4:01:51 PM

The stock Dell 250W PSU should be able to handle a GT430 or GT440.
January 25, 2012 10:20:18 PM

Thank you guys. I am going to go ahead and try the GT430 and see how it works for me. Thanks again so much.
February 2, 2012 6:30:21 AM

Best answer selected by jtuss11.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 2, 2012 9:29:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!