Security Enable

Gary duneraider

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I have been using my wireless router unsecured for quite a while but now I would like a secutity enabled network. I have went through the wizard and it has prompted me to use a flash drive on my computers and at the wireless access popint. My router does not have a USB port. I dont even have a name or model # on the router. It was a cheap one off ebay it does have WPA capibility and does Very work well. How do I make my router secure so that neighbors in my Apartment complex cannot acces internet or worse my computer through it. I recently have mystereiously had My home page changed on all the computers in the house and there has been other things happen that I know I did not change.
Thanks, Gary

G

Maybe if you posted more information such as the make/model someone would be able to offer more assistance. We are not mind readers!

Gary duneraider

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I am sorry for the lack of info and certainly did not meen to upset anyone. The fact is thats where the problem is. I have no serial #s, make or model on router to help with, or I probally would have figured this out myself. The unit is totally absent of any such info as that. I can only say that it is silver and black (wich is ridiculous to mention)Thus the reason I have resorted to Toms. I have taken computer courses in operation of, and principals of computing. I am capable of assembling a unit from motherboard on up. The paperwork that has been lost 4 years ago was very vague but im sure it did give that info. Unfortunately It was lost in our move, probally thrown away by my girlfriend. Just was hopeing that the next guy who knew more than me could help. Mayby new of a different avenue. I do not know everything. My sincere apologies. Please disregaurd my inquirery. I will try and go somewhere else in resort for help. I did turn 45 years old today(07/05/1966) and was called a youngster. If anything, to get that on your birthday is quite a present. Hope you have a better day. Again my apologies. No need to respond.
Sincerely, Gary