Doom3 CE question

Hey all,

After playing the D3 demo in this month's OXM and actually enjoying it quite
a bit (not a big fan of console FPS games) I'm thinking of picking this up
soon... but before I do..... are the ports of the original Doom games in the
CE version playable online?, or co-op split screen?, or just good old split
screen deathmatch?.... would be a shame if they didn't put in any
multiplayer.

TIA

Wurm

no xbox live for doom 1 and 2, but it does have both coop and deathmatch
splitscreen

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> no xbox live for doom 1 and 2, but it does have both coop and deathmatch
> splitscreen
>

> --
> Mickster
>
> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>
> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>
> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d433qf$sdr$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > After playing the D3 demo in this month's OXM and actually enjoying it
> > quite
> > a bit (not a big fan of console FPS games) I'm thinking of picking this
up
> > soon... but before I do..... are the ports of the original Doom games in
> > the
> > CE version playable online?, or co-op split screen?, or just good old
> > split
> > screen deathmatch?.... would be a shame if they didn't put in any
> > multiplayer.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Wurm

Thats pretty cool, shame they were lazy and didnt put in any network code :(

Thanks for the info

Wurm

Wurm said

> Thats pretty cool, shame they were lazy and didnt put in any network
> code :(
>
> Thanks for the info

It's limited edition. Only so many people are gonna get it and not even all
of them are going to want to play it online.

--
The Kitchen Sink
http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

"God Magnus" <g@mg.com> wrote in message
> Wurm said
>
> > Thats pretty cool, shame they were lazy and didnt put in any network
> > code :(
> >
> > Thanks for the info
>
> It's limited edition. Only so many people are gonna get it and not even
all
> of them are going to want to play it online.
>
> --
> The Kitchen Sink
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

True, but like Halo2 I'm guessing that the shelves will be fully stocked
with CE versions many months after the game came out so they will drop
eventually and be bought, not like it was a truly limited run anyways. Also,
since they ported the game, and the game had full multiplayer back in the
day, it would have been a simple task to port the multiplayer part, hell, it
would have been one of the easier parts since not much has changed in IP
code since they were released.

oh well

Wurm said

> since they ported the game, and the game had full multiplayer back in
> the day, it would have been a simple task to port the multiplayer
> part, hell, it would have been one of the easier parts since not much
> has changed in IP code since they were released.

Xbox Live is not DOS.

--

> Wurm said
>
> > since they ported the game, and the game had full multiplayer back in
> > the day, it would have been a simple task to port the multiplayer
> > part, hell, it would have been one of the easier parts since not much
> > has changed in IP code since they were released.
>
> Xbox Live is not DOS.
>
> --
> The Kitchen Sink
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

although a true statement, all Live is is a matching service, our boxes
still run the games so having Live in the mix doesn't change anything. And
tcpip/udp hasnt really changed alot since DOS.

Wurm