STRANGEST VIRUS

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Virus

causes windows 7 to automaticlly shutdown. .. Without warning or questioning

how did i get the virus? I did not download anything.. This happened after a windows update

my laptopt does not start normally .. When i push the start button it shuts itself down... After this

i have formated and windows 7 seem to work normaly

my biggest worry and question is.... Can virus harm your hardware? Can it have damaged my pc?

What free software antivirus and firewall do you recommend for me?

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

oh...no my friend....

this happened everytime i started windows 7 after a while it turned itself off
each time ...
in same period.. not update ... because updates apply themselves afterwards this didnt...

also when i did a systemrestore twice... when i enterd windows7 normal mode the explorer and the shell would not run at all

i am just worried if it has harmed my hardware somehow... i hope viruses cant harm your hardware.
i know virus can affect drivers and so on but i hope they cant harm your hardware .
also i dont remember downloading anything unusual...
our router has been open though with no password .. wireless but i did not download anything as far as i know.

i could only enter safe mode ... and i ran the cleaner and terminator both did not show anything.

its definetly a virus because when i formated the windows is working fine now.
ALSO my laptopt after the virus shuts itself down when i push the power button to turn it on .. it strangely turns itself off and wont start... only sometimes it starts

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
windows used to before i formated to just shut down.. dling and it turned itself off

when i systemrestored it would not even start explorer or shell... you couldnt even use hot key ctrl alt delete would NOT work
seemed like a systematic virus that corrupts windows...but i have NO IDEA what created it or made it happen.

when i turn on the laptopt from shutdown power mode .. it wont start or it starts and shuts istelf off.. and i can only run it randomly
which made me come up with the fear that the virus might have affected my hardware.

after that i did a format and windows seems stable now but i am not sure if my hardware has been affected... i can not make clear diagnostic or idea of what could be the problem all i know is windows shut itself off w o reason and warning or questining and after that my laptopt doesnt start correctly hardware wise... its very bizzare .
atleast now my windows 7 i sstable but i dont understand how the hardware ties into that virus because i am sure it was a virus... and not hardware error .. if it was hardware error windows would still shut itself off...

often when its hardware error windows wont shut itself off it will give blue screen.. or it will not do the bling log off.. shut down procedure

Your hardware is ok, chances are you did have a virus or corrupt windows files.

When you did a system reinstall, I assume it was from a recovery partition, which should have wiped out everything and left you with a fresh system just like you got it out of the box.

Install Microsoft Security Essentials, if you have no anti-virus software.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

please tell me that your sure no virus can harm my computer! please please please.. but dont let it be a lie

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

what are those computers.. which computers are those

also what exactly are yo usaying? .. can harm my hardware today ?

i am not talking about a temporal oc .. if htey can harm my hardware today?

you say they havent written something like this ?

I mean this:

http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/208/cloud-oc.html

Control of OC over network. As to which mobo have them, I can't remember all but ASUS also have them. Do some research yourself to find out.

Yeah they can cause overheating and slowly kill off the CPU by electron dislodge from orbit and quantum tunnelling. But I don't think there is something written to exploit the possibility of network vulnerability and access to OC features.

I guess there is just no financial incentive for people to write something that will do this. A simple pop up saying you are infected with a virus and scam you to pay money for bogus anti virus software is much more financially viable.

Also, I think someone who OC will notice the high temperature, which is a quite obvious problem.

Using free downloads to protect computers is a foolish idea. Use professional security software.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

but can someone do this who lives in your neighborhood lol.. just to annoy you ? ... i mean it sounds like something not avrage computer geek can do...

also my computer is a laptop that probably does noth ave hte ability to do oc by network....

so by what your saying is it safe that todays viruses can not harm hardware? ... they dont go beyond software since htey have to be OC virueses that you say do not exist and may not exist and normal geeks can not make them?

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
alright...lol so i should not be afraid for my hardwarE?

btw i see i have remote desktop on my windows 7 .. did someone instlal it there or is it on windows 7 by default?

there might be someone hicjacking my pc