Tyronic

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
I found a torn apart presario f7000 I was able to scavenge a Anthlon 64 x2 Mobile CPU, 2 512MB Ram modules and a heatsink. I was wondering if I could get anything out of it.

Not really, unless you happen to have a laptop laying, that has a dead CPU and can accept this processor. I would try to sell it or trash it other than that there isn't much you can do with it.

Tyronic

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

I dont have any Mobos that will take it but I wonder if I could take one of the 512MB modules and put it in my Presario cq-56 not sure if that would cause problems it has a 2Gb stick in it with one slot open.

What do you mean? 512mb modules you are talking about RAM but you are asking about the CPU they are two different things.

Tyronic

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

Yea I recovered a CPU and two 512MB rams sticks I was wondering if I could put one of them in my cq-56 along with a 2GB stick.

If you don't have a motherboard for the CPU then there is nothing you can do with it. As for the RAM you can test it and see but motherboards can be very finiky about RAM. It's best to pair RAM by the same manufacture, same type, and same speed. Mixing RAM that isn't specifically paired can cause compatabilty problems. The only way to know is to test it. If it boot's it's fine if it doesn't boot then it's not compatible.