Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CX 600 vs GS 600?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Intel i5
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
Share
July 16, 2012 12:45:26 AM

I am thinking of buying a core i5 2500k and a gtx 560, what is the advantage of me going for a Corsair GS 600 than the CX 600. I don't want to do SLI

More about : 600 600

July 16, 2012 1:40:48 AM

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

GS600 is 80 Plus Bronze Certified. CX600V2 is only 80 Plus. Max load of 588 watts (GS600) vs. 480 on CX600V2. Both are CWT.

Get the GS600 or another Bronze+ like the Antec HCG-620 (Seasonic). PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk3S600 is another Seasonic (RealHardTechX recommended too).

Dave
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 1:55:07 AM

DavidY said:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

GS600 is 80 Plus Bronze Certified. CX600V2 is only 80 Plus. Max load of 588 watts (GS600) vs. 480 on CX600V2. Both are CWT.

Get the GS600 or another Bronze+ like the Antec HCG-620 (Seasonic). PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk3S600 is another Seasonic (RealHardTechX recommended too).

Dave


Max load of 480 on CX 600? Then why did they name it as CX 600? :D  What is CWT
m
0
l
Related resources
July 16, 2012 2:08:46 AM

AyuX said:
Max load of 480 on CX 600? Then why did they name it as CX 600? :D  What is CWT


http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/CWT.htm

If given the choice, I would choose another good PS brand besides Corsair. Corsair is for when I am stuck with a lower budget or the selection is limited.

Dave
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 165 ) Power supply
July 16, 2012 3:09:36 AM

AyuX said:
Max load of 480 on CX 600? Then why did they name it as CX 600? :D  What is CWT


like a lot of PC hardware the name on the box is just a brand and not the company that actually made the product, better know as the original equipment manufacturer or OEM . Both of those PSU are made by a company called Channel Well Technology (CWT). While both PSU are labeled as 600w, the GS600 can deliver 48a (higher the better) on its 12v rail (powers the CPU, GPU, HDD, etc.,) compared to the CX600 which only offers 40a. The GS600 also uses a few better capacitors then the CX600 for a slightly better internal build.

corsair plans to introduce a new version of the GS series called the V2 but I'm not sure when they hit the market. A few improvements are made to the previous platform for better efficiency.
http://www.corsair.com/blog/corsair-gs-series-psu-makeo...

review of the new GS800 v2
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/GS800_V2/

either PSU will do the job as you will be around 300w while gaming, of the two I would go with the GS600 if I could get a good price on it. otherwise, the CX600 is a fine budget PSU.
Share
July 16, 2012 6:33:04 AM

ct1615 said:
like a lot of PC hardware the name on the box is just a brand and not the company that actually made the product, better know as the original equipment manufacturer or OEM . Both of those PSU are made by a company called Channel Well Technology (CWT). While both PSU are labeled as 600w, the GS600 can deliver 48a (higher the better) on its 12v rail (powers the CPU, GPU, HDD, etc.,) compared to the CX600 which only offers 40a. The GS600 also uses a few better capacitors then the CX600 for a slightly better internal build.

corsair plans to introduce a new version of the GS series called the V2 but I'm not sure when they hit the market. A few improvements are made to the previous platform for better efficiency.
http://www.corsair.com/blog/corsair-gs-series-psu-makeo...

review of the new GS800 v2
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/GS800_V2/

either PSU will do the job as you will be around 300w while gaming, of the two I would go with the GS600 if I could get a good price on it. otherwise, the CX600 is a fine budget PSU.


FOr my requirements a 500W would do fine. I am on a tight budget. Which one would you recommend other than cx500v2 having high efficiency and quality? :bounce: 
m
0
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
July 16, 2012 6:44:42 AM

Yes^^
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 10:38:50 AM

amuffin said:
Yes^^

Yes, i would recommend cx500v2?
m
0
l
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 16, 2012 12:17:07 PM

AyuX said:
FOr my requirements a 500W would do fine. I am on a tight budget. Which one would you recommend other than cx500v2 having high efficiency and quality? :bounce: 

A system with a single GTX560 requires a 450W PSU with two 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors and at least 28A on the 12V rails.
Awesome price on an outstanding PSU right now is the Seasonic M12II-520: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I'm running an HD 6950 on this PSU...cool, quiet, and no issues with my more power hungry GPU.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 1:06:22 AM

Rugger said:
A system with a single GTX560 requires a 450W PSU with two 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors and at least 28A on the 12V rails.
Awesome price on an outstanding PSU right now is the Seasonic M12II-520: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I'm running an HD 6950 on this PSU...cool, quiet, and no issues with my more power hungry GPU.


I am waiting for a power efficient GPU? Is there a GS500 version? I mean with a 80+bronze certificate 500w psu ?
m
0
l
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 17, 2012 2:13:51 AM

There is a Corsair GS500 V2 that is also an excellent PSU (made by CWT for Corsair). If you go with a Corsair Gaming Series PSU then make sure that you are getting a V2 PSU...the original is an ok PSU but comes nowhere near the Seasonic M12II.
m
0
l
July 24, 2012 12:18:22 AM

Best answer selected by AyuX.
m
0
l
!