Best Movies this year!

i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
leverage stuff that's already been done.

sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.

regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!

theone

Fizzlestix wrote:
> i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
> herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
> the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
> leverage stuff that's already been done.
>
> sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
> looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
> despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.
>
> regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
> released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
> even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!

Constantine had mixed reviews but overall pretty low :
http://tinyurl.com/dlm53

I wasn't that impressed with the game or the movie.

theone

Fizzlestix wrote:
> i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
> herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
> the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
> leverage stuff that's already been done.
>
> sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
> looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
> despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.
>
> regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
> released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
> even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!

By the way Fizzle...

Similiarly disgusting or "yack-able" is Hollywood's new release of
movies already released in different countries. Kung Fu Hustle is
already on DVD in China with English subs :)

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
> i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
> herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
> the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
> leverage stuff that's already been done.
>
> sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
> looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
> despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.
>
> regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
> released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
> even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!

I highly anticipate the War of the Worlds. I think the only rendition was in
the 1950's with all those cheesy black-and-white special effects, so this
one is WAY overdue for a modern remake.

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
>
>>i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
>>herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
>>the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
>>leverage stuff that's already been done.
>>
>>sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
>>looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
>>despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.
>>
>>regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
>>released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
>>even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!
>>

> I highly anticipate the War of the Worlds. I think the only rendition was in
> the 1950's with all those cheesy black-and-white special effects, so this
> one is WAY overdue for a modern remake.

I have high hopes for this one also (War of the Worlds), the original
was okay for its time I guess. I have always loved the book and to get a
top notch version of a film of it would be awesome. Hope it turns out great.

The Willy Wonka remake is something I am interested in also. I love the
original, and in some ways am a little scared of them screwing it up. I
also though am a big fan of Tim Burton and I think if anyone could pull
this off and give it the dark-comedic edge that this film needs it would
be him.

theone

massivegrooves wrote:

> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>
>> "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> i'm ready to yack from all the remakes due out: wonka, amityville,
>>> herbie the love bug, the bad news bears, war of the worlds, bewitched,
>>> the pink panther... and on and on... some aren't total remakes, but
>>> leverage stuff that's already been done.
>>>
>>> sin city and kung fu look awesome. looking forward to those. also
>>> looking forward to the hitchhiker's guide, jet li's "unleashed", and
>>> despite the lackluster pre-reviews, the fantastic four.
>>>
>>> regarding the xbox and movies, i saw yesterday that they actually
>>> released a companion xbox game for the movie "constantine." did anybody
>>> even see this flick? did anybody play the game? sheesh!
>>>

>> I highly anticipate the War of the Worlds. I think the only rendition
>> was in the 1950's with all those cheesy black-and-white special
>> effects, so this one is WAY overdue for a modern remake.
>

> I have high hopes for this one also (War of the Worlds), the original
> was okay for its time I guess. I have always loved the book and to get a
> top notch version of a film of it would be awesome. Hope it turns out
> great.
>
> The Willy Wonka remake is something I am interested in also. I love the
> original, and in some ways am a little scared of them screwing it up. I
> also though am a big fan of Tim Burton and I think if anyone could pull
> this off and give it the dark-comedic edge that this film needs it would
> be him.

willy is one of those movies that I dread the remake, because the
original was perfect to me.

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> massivegrooves wrote:
>>

>> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>>
>>> "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message

>>> I highly anticipate the War of the Worlds. I think the only rendition
>>> was in the 1950's with all those cheesy black-and-white special effects,
>>> so this one is WAY overdue for a modern remake.
>>

>> I have high hopes for this one also (War of the Worlds), the original was
>> okay for its time I guess. I have always loved the book and to get a top
>> notch version of a film of it would be awesome. Hope it turns out great.
>>
>> The Willy Wonka remake is something I am interested in also. I love the
>> original, and in some ways am a little scared of them screwing it up. I
>> also though am a big fan of Tim Burton and I think if anyone could pull
>> this off and give it the dark-comedic edge that this film needs it would
>> be him.
>>

> willy is one of those movies that I dread the remake, because the original
> was perfect to me.

Same here. The movie was made to be made when it was. The cheesy special
effects fit the movie perfectly. It is what one would expect from Willy
Wonka. Thankfully they have Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, so that may be a
saving grace for it.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> I highly anticipate the War of the Worlds. I think the only
> rendition was in the 1950's with all those cheesy black-and-white
> special effects, so this one is WAY overdue for a modern remake.

WOTW with Gene Barry was in color.

---Stash

"Political Correctness is just inverted McCarthyism."
-- Dennis Miller

SPAM FILTER:
You'd have to be out of YourMind to send me email.

> Sin City and Kung Fu Hustle! What do they have to do with the Xbox?
> Absolutely nothing :)
>
> Please flame me hot ass ;p

House of Flying Daggers

theone

yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
in that movie!

"theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
> Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
> in that movie!

I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have more
than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
name yet.

theone

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
>>Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
>>in that movie!
>>

> I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have more
> than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
> supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
> name yet.

hmmm..I'll have to keep an eye peeled for that one.. Have you seen Kung
Fu Hustle yet? Much more than a comedy in my opinion. It actually has an
engaging Tarantino-style story with the old school kung fu quirkiness;
the ax gang in it reminds me of the crazy 88.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:48:00 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
<Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

>"theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
>> Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
>> in that movie!
>>

>I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have more
>than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
>supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
>name yet.

I think the movie your thinking of is ONG BAK: THE THAI WARRIOR

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have
more
> than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
> supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
> name yet.

The movie is "Ong Bak: the Thai Warrior" and it is great. The actor, Tony
Jaa, does all his own stunts and fights with no wires or computer
enhancement.

I thought Hero was overrated junk.

> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>> "theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
>>>Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
>>>in that movie!
>>>

>> I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have
>> more than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that
>> is supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found
>> the name yet.
> hmmm..I'll have to keep an eye peeled for that one.. Have you seen Kung Fu
> Hustle yet? Much more than a comedy in my opinion. It actually has an
> engaging Tarantino-style story with the old school kung fu quirkiness; the
> ax gang in it reminds me of the crazy 88.

I was trying to sneak away to see it yesterday while my wife was at a baby
shower but she came home early. I will try today while she is at church.

"Imperium" <frankmelo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:48:00 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
>

>>"theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
>>> Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
>>> in that movie!
>>>

>>I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have
>>more
>>than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
>>supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
>>name yet.
>>

> I think the movie your thinking of is ONG BAK: THE THAI WARRIOR

THAT IS IT!

"Junkyard Willie" <junkyardwillieNOSPAM@tekken.cc> wrote in message

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> I saw Hero on release day here in the US and I must say these two have
> more
>> than fulfilled my Crouching Tiger fix. There is a new one out that is
>> supposed to be incredible about a Muy Thai boxer but I haven't found the
>> name yet.
>
> The movie is "Ong Bak: the Thai Warrior" and it is great. The actor, Tony
> Jaa, does all his own stunts and fights with no wires or computer
> enhancement.

I just saw some clips and then I heard there was no wire work and I was
blown away.

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I thought Hero was overrated junk.

You are thinking of the Patriots.

> "theOne" <cmtipton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> yes, indeedy. I have it but still haven't watched in its entirety.
>> Looks really good though. How about Hero? The use of red is fascinating
>> in that movie!

3 out of the last 4 SBs say differently.