Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can this PSU support

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 2, 2012 10:36:22 AM

BUILD

CPU: FX-4100

MEOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M LE

MEMORY: G.SKILL RipjawsX 4GB (2GBx2) 1333 CL8

GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB Sata3 Hard Disk

PSU: Seasonic 520W M12II520 80PLUS Bronze (Modular)

CASE: Fractal Design Core 1000

COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

and maybe 5 120mm fans
and OC CPU to maybe 4.8ghz

will this PSU support all of this

dont mind the upgrade


More about : psu support

April 2, 2012 11:10:33 AM

Allan_01 said:
BUILD

CPU: FX-4100

MEOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M LE

MEMORY: G.SKILL RipjawsX 4GB (2GBx2) 1333 CL8

GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB Sata3 Hard Disk

PSU: Seasonic 520W M12II520 80PLUS Bronze (Modular)

CASE: Fractal Design Core 1000

COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

and maybe 5 120mm fans
and OC CPU to maybe 4.8ghz

will this PSU support all of this

dont mind the upgrade

Technically yes. You're not giving yourself much "wiggle room" though. I'd go a little higher on the wattage. Try this:
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
see what you come up with.
m
0
l
April 2, 2012 11:59:49 AM

Chaz21 said:
Technically yes. You're not giving yourself much "wiggle room" though. I'd go a little higher on the wattage. Try this:
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
see what you come up with.

Where do you come up with this stuff ?
FX4100 and 6950 ( 1 amp higher power consumption than a 6870 )
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/15/
226 watts from the wall when gaming / 94% efficiency from the psu ( HX850 ) = roughly a 210 watt load
There's plenty of wiggle room with 520 watt psu
m
0
l
Related resources
April 2, 2012 12:39:01 PM

I agree with nikorr. The day may come when you'll need that overhead (even if delluser1 disagrees) and personally I'd rather have it than not. On a side note - be careful with your overclocking on that motherboard - there have been some throttling issues. Research it before you do it.
m
0
l
April 2, 2012 1:35:05 PM

Chaz21 said:
I agree with nikorr. The day may come when you'll need that overhead (even if delluser1 disagrees) and personally I'd rather have it than not. On a side note - be careful with your overclocking on that motherboard - there have been some throttling issues. Research it before you do it.

I don't disagree with having more power, I run my system on a 750 even though I know my 520 will run it just fine.
Point is, there's plenty of "wiggly room" for the OP's specs with the 520w he asked about.
m
0
l
April 2, 2012 5:05:07 PM

TY to you all
m
0
l
!