Sign in with
Your question

Removing and Adding paint from a case; Need help

Last response: in Components
July 16, 2012 5:14:31 AM

A few days ago I ordered the HAF 912 case to use as my case for a new machine, and I was looking at some higher quality pics and didn't realize there was a Logo and that the inside of the case was unpainted, (To my knowledge it had a black interior, but I was wrong) and I would like to remove the logo from the side of the case mainly, and I may paint the interior of the case a black colour to match the outside.

The case material is SECC/ABS plastic (According to the Cooler Master website), and I'm not sure about the kind of paint they use.

How would I go about removing the logo? I was thinking about nail polish remover but I'm not quite sure and I don't want to damage the case itself.

a b ) Power supply
July 16, 2012 6:17:08 AM

you cant really remove paint from plastic. the plastic on haf case is actually dyed not painted. the logo is a stencil but is acrylic lacquer so removing it will need a solvent but its likely to remove the paint under the stencil 2 best just get some very fine grain wet and dry paper and remove it with that, then use a good primer then use same brand spray paint as the primer to do the inside and the side then cover it with a couple of thin coats then mat lacquer again a couple of thin coats. for a quick result... end result if you pick the rite colour black should be indistinguishable from the original black.
or if you fancy going the whole hog look for the painting guide on here... http://www.mnpctech.com/case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 16, 2012 7:05:41 AM

crylon makes a spray paint that coats plastic pretty well.
m
l
Related resources
July 16, 2012 10:36:28 PM

Great! this is only for more artistic and young people ...

I think would be interesting change case too. Why? more resistance than plastic, better cooling ...
m
l
July 16, 2012 11:21:56 PM

Cinix said:
A few days ago I ordered the HAF 912 case to use as my case for a new machine, and I was looking at some higher quality pics and didn't realize there was a Logo and that the inside of the case was unpainted, (To my knowledge it had a black interior, but I was wrong) and I would like to remove the logo from the side of the case mainly, and I may paint the interior of the case a black colour to match the outside.

The case material is SECC/ABS plastic (According to the Cooler Master website), and I'm not sure about the kind of paint they use.

How would I go about removing the logo? I was thinking about nail polish remover but I'm not quite sure and I don't want to damage the case itself.

Awhile back a friend of mine repainted his plastic case and the paint bubbled and started flaking. He use a very fine grain sandpaper then he went to autozone and bought some type of paint adhesive spray that is made for all type of plastics so the paint will adhere and not bubble up and flake. I hope this has helped as i would hate for you to have to paint it twice.
m
l
!