Doom 3 in Hell level 3.......is hell ....and need help

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2005 11:03:00 PM

I am trying to fight this big beast in hell on level 3 on my xbox but I
can't even see how to damage it. It keeps generating these little firefly
type beasts I can kill but this boss type monster has no vulnerability I can
find yet. I hear some voice give what sounds like a verbal clue, but I
can't understand it. So if anyone has gotten past this area.....where you
see the cube at the beginning and then are fighting for you life......I'd
appreciate any tips.

Glen

More about : doom hell level hell

April 20, 2005 11:03:01 PM

shoot the seekers (the firefly things) then a blue ball will appesr
over the beast, shoot it with your rockets. I think it takes 3 or 4
hits(times) to kill it.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:33:42 AM

.........boy, I don't think I could have accidently figured that one out
myself.........Thanks!!!!

GLen

"BIGSteve" <fitzgerald_s@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> shoot the seekers (the firefly things) then a blue ball will appesr
> over the beast, shoot it with your rockets. I think it takes 3 or 4
> hits(times) to kill it.

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:35:47 AM

Glen Bu wrote:
> I am trying to fight this big beast in hell on level 3 on my xbox but I
> can't even see how to damage it. It keeps generating these little firefly
> type beasts I can kill but this boss type monster has no vulnerability I can
> find yet. I hear some voice give what sounds like a verbal clue, but I
> can't understand it.

It's saying something like: "Kill the seekers and that guardian will
become vulnerable."

> So if anyone has gotten past this area.....where you
> see the cube at the beginning and then are fighting for you life......I'd
> appreciate any tips.

So:

1) Stay away from the Guardian.

2) Shoot at the light above the guardian when it is blue.

3) The light is blue when there are no seekers -- right at the very
beginning of the level, or for awhile after you've destroyed them.
!