shutdown.exe shortcut

I am using XP Pro with two user accounts each with no restrictions. With the
administrator account, I am able to setup a working shortcut to shutdown, and
one to restart. However, while logged on to the second account, the command
does not work. What am I missing?

RJJ
1 answer Last reply
More about shutdown shortcut

    Shutdown & Reboot Shortcuts

    Desktop Shutdown Shortcut
    Right click the desktop | New | Shortcut | Create Shortcut Wizard opens |
    Type or paste: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00 |
    Next | Type name like: SHUTDOWN | Finish | Right click the new shortcut |
    Make sure Start in has: %windir%

    Desktop Reboot Shortcut
    Right click the desktop | New | Shortcut | Create Shortcut Wizard opens |
    Type or paste: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00 |
    Next | Type name like: REBOOT | Finish | Right click the new shortcut |
    Make sure Start in has: %windir%

    Customize the icons
    Right click each shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Change Icon button

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:582314BB-760E-4FF5-9406-9C013BF9DE52@microsoft.com,
    RJJ <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1587A941-900D-4BED-A592-146C790EE365@microsoft.com,
    RJJ <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I am using XP Pro with two user accounts each with no restrictions.
    > With the administrator account, I am able to setup a working shortcut
    > to shutdown, and one to restart. However, while logged on to the
    > second account, the command does not work. What am I missing?
    >
    > RJJ

Configuration Shutdown Customization Windows XP