I am building a mid-range gaming pc, that will mostly be used for playing games such as BF3, Skyrim, etc., as well as browsing the internet. I need to know if this system would have any major bottlenecks before I purchase it.
Custom PC build
• CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
• GPU:GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI V3 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
• HDD:Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Bare Drive -Bare Drive
• SSD:Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
• RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
• Motherboard:Intel BOXDH67BLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
NOTE: I will be buying the power supply last, in order to make sure I have enough power for my build
you didn't state if you want to overclock or not... the h67 chipset in the intel h67 motherboard does not allow cpu overclocking, so much of the potential of the unlocked core i5 2500k will go untapped. if you want to oc your cpu or oc it later, look into z68 or z77 motherboards which allow cpu overclocking.
what are your budget for gfx cards and motherboard?