Will the sound card that comes with my motherboard be good enough

chugginmilk

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012
I plan on buying these

Logitech Z906 500W 5.1 Speakers

I am also buying an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

This motherboard has an integrated sound card but i am wondering if it will be enough to make my surround sound / super loud skyrim/bf3 adventure sound purely amazing or should i buy a high end sound card?

Thank you in advance

Solution
I don't think you should spend any money on sound cards as all new mobo's provide you with HD quality sound, as well as 5.1, 7.1 and even 10.1 configuration. Your mobo is a very good choice as well.

P.S. Make sure you download the appropriate Realtek driver!!

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think you should spend any money on sound cards as all new mobo's provide you with HD quality sound, as well as 5.1, 7.1 and even 10.1 configuration. Your mobo is a very good choice as well.

P.S. Make sure you download the appropriate Realtek driver!!

Solution
Going without a soundcard when you have decent speakers is like playing a game at 720p with no AA. Its "ok" to look at, but not nearly as good as it can be.

My standard recommendation is the ASUS Xonar DX, currently going for about $75. Just make sure to have a free floppy power connector [most PSU's still have one].

chugginmilk

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012

I dunno why but im not a big fan of headsets i would much rather have a nice surround sound setup vs a headset. Just personal preference tho.