BOOT FILE

October 24, 2004 7:41:05 AM

I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

More about : boot file

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 10:00:17 AM

CGRZAD wrote:
> I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
> SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
> HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

When you edit the BOOT.INI file, try to turn off the caps lock, as I do not
know if the file is case sensitive or not. I am, but the file - who knows?
heh

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

--
<- Shenan ->
October 24, 2004 12:47:31 PM

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:41:05 -0700, CGRZAD
<CGRZAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
>SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
>HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP
If you want to get rid of an old entry use MSCONFIG for the run menu
select the boot.ini tab and select "check all boot paths"
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 5:51:02 PM

"CGRZAD" wrote:

> I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
> SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
> HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

edit %systemdrive%\boot.ini (e.g. c:\boot.ini)
!