Can you upgrade an integrated graphics card

If you have a laptop then most likely; no you cant upgrade that gpu it is soldered to your motherboard.if it is a desktop with integrated thenyes youcan as long as you have.a pciex16 slot in.your mobo yOu would need to disable the integrated and enable the slot for your discrete card.
As said before if its a laptop then no you cant

simply: you can't upgrade an integrated gpu.
the integrated gpu is usually built into the processor. on in older systems, a chip on the motherboard. it cannot be removed or changed. you can only enable/disable it and change a few settings.
you can, however, upgrade to a better gfx card if you're using desktop pc and if your pc's motherboard has a slot to fit the gfx card. in some laptops, you can add/change the gfx card.
you can run a monitoring program like piriform's speccy or techpowerup's gpu-z to determine what gfx chip (integrated or otherwise) your pc is running. it depends on your system specs.
speccy:
http://www.piriform.com/speccy
gpu z:
http://www.techpowerup.com/

Im sorry but i totally disagree.
This is a problem totally solvable with op being inexperienced. If it happens to be a.desktop then op would waste alot of money and time taking it to a shop when he can fix this on.his own. If its a laptop then he needs.to try and get a budget together to get a tower built
part of the fun of being a gamer is the journey of building and problem solving while learning on the way. When i was new.a few years back.i.wouldnt take it.in.because i wanted to.know.how to Do it myself and not rely on a repair man that would bend me over cause i didnt know better

randomkid

Distinguished

The integrated graphics itself can not be upgraded. However, depending on your motherboard/chipset, some do support hybrid crossfire/dual graphics or hybrid SLI (for nVidia). But this will involved the purchase of a compatible graphics card (usually cheap/low performance model). The combined power of the integrated & discrete graphics card will allow you to squeeze more performance at relatively low cost at the expense of limited performance.

Can you tell us what your motherboard is? You can identify it by downloading CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
install it & then look at the "mainboard tab" & tell us what you see.

randomkid

Distinguished

Agree. I did hybrid SLI on an 8200 IGP + GT8500 which resulted to a GT8600. It can play decent at 1366x768 but definitely not on a 1920x1080.
I do not know about the newer dual graphix from AMD that results to an HD6690 when combining IGP 6530/6650 with 6670. Considering the 6670 is a ~$99 card, I suppose it should be able to play decent settings on 1920x1080.

So let us see what mobo the OP have to determine his options.

MilowPlays

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Thank you all for replying,i could upgrade the driver.I had like a version from 2009,new one is from 2013.And i am on a laptop so i know it's integrated.
It's Micro-Star International MSI NOTEBOOK CR610 Ver 1.000.