Renaming folder changes icons to details

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I have a folder in my desktop set to show large icons.

When I rename that folder then the view changes to details. Detailed
view is my default setting for folders.

This is annoying because I have to lay out the icons all over again.

How can I keep the icon view even after renaming a folder?
1 answer Last reply
More about renaming folder icons details
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    You can't. A renamed folder gets the defaults.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Maerko" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a folder in my desktop set to show large icons.
    >
    > When I rename that folder then the view changes to details. Detailed
    > view is my default setting for folders.
    >
    > This is annoying because I have to lay out the icons all over again.
    >
    > How can I keep the icon view even after renaming a folder?

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP