Doom 3 split screen cooperative play

I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I was
very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen are
extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up to
play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?

Thanks
Gary Reany
4 answers Last reply
More about doom split screen cooperative play

    Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
    thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
    up two Xboxs.
    Brad
    "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    > I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
    > that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
    was
    > very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
    are
    > extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
    > play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
    > requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
    > buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
    > cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary Reany

    You can play Doom2 split screen co-op on one xbox if you get the
    special edition of Doom3. It's fun, I used to play it alot when it was
    new years ago.

    Brad wrote:
    > Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
    > thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
    > up two Xboxs.
    > Brad
    > "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
    >>that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
    >
    > was
    >
    >>very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
    >
    > are
    >
    >>extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up

    >>play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
    >>requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
    >>buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
    >>cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Gary Reany

    two copes....isn't that just the epitome of the "man" sticking it to ya?!

    Brad wrote:
    > Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
    > thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
    > up two Xboxs.
    > Brad
    > "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
    >>that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
    >
    > was
    >
    >>very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
    >
    > are
    >
    >>extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up

    >>play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
    >>requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
    >>buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
    >>cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Gary Reany

    btw, me thinks this is because the game is pusing the hardware limits of
    the xbox. 2 people, same time, one CPU, Betchya a whole lot of slow
    down; thus the sacrifice they decided to make...

Console Gaming Video Games