Doom 3 split screen cooperative play

I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I was
very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen are
extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up to
play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?

Thanks
Gary Reany

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
up two Xboxs.
Brad
"Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
> I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
> that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
was
> very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
are
> extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
> play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
> requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
> buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
> cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
>
> Thanks
> Gary Reany

You can play Doom2 split screen co-op on one xbox if you get the
special edition of Doom3. It's fun, I used to play it alot when it was
new years ago.

theone

Brad wrote:
> Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
> thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
> up two Xboxs.
> Brad
> "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
>>that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
>
> was
>
>>very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
>
> are
>
>>extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up

>>play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
>>requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
>>buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
>>cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Gary Reany

two copes....isn't that just the epitome of the "man" sticking it to ya?!

theone

Brad wrote:
> Gary I did the same thing, me and my daughter play Halo coop and bought Doom
> thinking the same thing. You are right you have to have two copies and hook
> up two Xboxs.
> Brad
> "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
>>that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
>
> was
>
>>very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
>
> are
>
>>extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up

>>play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
>>requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
>>buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
>>cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Gary Reany

btw, me thinks this is because the game is pusing the hardware limits of
the xbox. 2 people, same time, one CPU, Betchya a whole lot of slow
down; thus the sacrifice they decided to make...