Gaming PC Setup

What do you guys think about this gaming setup? I want to build my own gaming pc but I want others opinions on the components I selected? Is it good, recommendations, etc.

Motherboard- MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU- Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor

Graphics Cards- 2 MSI N680GTX

Memory- Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB)

Hardrives- Crucial M4 128GB SSD
500GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM

Power Supply- XFX ProSeries P1-1000Watt (platinum 80 certified)

Computer Case- Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition (Full Tower)
4 answers Last reply
More about gaming setup
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Systems by Area51reopened
  2. Fill this out so we can help you more-

First thoughts on build-

-The MSI Big Bang is overkill and overpriced.
    -You need quad channel ram for X79 motherboards.
    -10k hdd's are overpriced and not worth it. Just get a larger ssd and a slower rpm storage drive.
    -1000w psu is overkill for 2 680's. A 850w PSU will run them with no problems.
  3. Im looking at dropping a good amount of money so the money is not an issue. But what kind of memory do you suggest for this motherboard? I want fast and quality; price isnt really the issue just want a quality build around this motherboard.
  4. Do you have a resolution that you want to play at? Do you know what Nvidia Surround is? If so are you interested in it?
    And can you fill out the link I pasted above. It really helps me to help you.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems