Sound keeps glitching/stuttering

I have been having this problem for a while now, at first it was just every now and then, I though there was no need to worry about it, then it became unbearable, happening every 10 seconds or so. I thought a fresh install would fix it, but to no avail. This problem also seems to correlate with my video as well, either if I am on youtube or playing a game, if the sound glitches, then so does the video, making almost anything I do unbearable. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I have also been doing research on this as well and this is NOT a sound problem with static noises.
3 answers Last reply
More about sound glitching stuttering
  1. Check the drivers are updated. If it doesnt work reinstall the drivers. If it doesnt work check for viruses. If it doesnt work buy a new sound card or look with Uncle Goggle :)

Good Luck!
  2. Sounds like your getting latency spikes. Download "DPC Latency Checker" and let me know your findings and what mother board your using. Maybe I can help.
  3. If its lag spikes then check your network settings. Use Namebench to check for the best DNS and donwload the Leatrix Latency Fix for high ping or lag.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Video Components