Sign in with
Your question

Sound Blast X-fi Titanium HD Mic problem

Last response: in Components
July 16, 2012 5:03:37 PM

I recently bought a Sound Blast X-fi Titanium HD of newegg. I installed the card, downloaded the latest drivers (i did not install the ones of the cd) and shut down, pluged my mic and headphones, and turned my pc back on. The headphones work fine, but I cannot use my mic. I check and pushed the plugs for the mic all the way in, still no luck. Help
July 16, 2012 5:15:34 PM

Check the sounds tab of the Windows control panel and make sure the proper audio input device is selected.
m
l
July 16, 2012 7:07:07 PM

gamerk316 said:
Check the sounds tab of the Windows control panel and make sure the proper audio input device is selected.

It says mic 2 from the Creative SB X-fi is in use and on.
m
l
Related resources
July 16, 2012 7:56:53 PM

Check the advanced settings (right click on the mic from the control panel), and turn on monitoring (or whatever they call it now...) to allow the mic to be played back over the speakers.

Once this is enabled, check the green bars next to the mic in the Control Panel view, and see if they move. If they are, that means the soundcard at least thinks its outputting audio. If not, then the mic isn't picking up anything.
m
l
July 16, 2012 8:40:21 PM

gamerk316 said:
Check the advanced settings (right click on the mic from the control panel), and turn on monitoring (or whatever they call it now...) to allow the mic to be played back over the speakers.

Once this is enabled, check the green bars next to the mic in the Control Panel view, and see if they move. If they are, that means the soundcard at least thinks its outputting audio. If not, then the mic isn't picking up anything.

Could you please specify what option that is to monitor it, I cannot find it.
m
l
!