CPU fan always at 4500 RPM??!?

Cpuwarrior

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I just got Speedfan and it says my cpu fan is always at 4500- 4600 rpms. it doesnt matter if its idle or if its under a heavy load. How do I fix this?

Solution
In speedfan, make sure you are running it as an administrator by right clicking and click "run as administrator" there will be a shield next to the option. After you start it up in that fashion. At the bottom there will be several windows saying Speed01: 100% and etc. mess with these as this is what controls the fan speed, monitor your rpm and figure out which one will change your cpu fan rpm. as for BIOS, go to your cpu controller and it should tell you what setting your fan is set at, there you can set it!

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
In speedfan, make sure you are running it as an administrator by right clicking and click "run as administrator" there will be a shield next to the option. After you start it up in that fashion. At the bottom there will be several windows saying Speed01: 100% and etc. mess with these as this is what controls the fan speed, monitor your rpm and figure out which one will change your cpu fan rpm. as for BIOS, go to your cpu controller and it should tell you what setting your fan is set at, there you can set it!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS