Best Graphics Card for My Setup

arizero

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Here is what I purchased a few years back:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5541604

I just migrated everything over to a new case with a much larger power supply (450w vs. the 220w that came with it). Now that I have the PSU to handle a new card and a larger case (so I don't have to have a low profile card), what do you guys think is the best card for a setup like this? I'm looking for both the best card and the one you guys consider to be the best value. Thanks!

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Have you looked at the ATI 6950? Great cards, low price, although I am not sure about power consumption ;_;. If your budget allows, you should trade in the PSU and get 650w and then a 570. But I'm not you and don't know your budget.

Cheers

arizero

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
All good answers. My budget is around $100 and the PSU came with the case (it was a Senty brand case). With this information; what would you recommend? Thanks again everyone

If your power supply is the Sentey BCP450-OM, its rating is 250 Watts Constant/450 Watts Peak. This is the model that is usually included with those cases.

The load table for the Sentey BCP450-OM shows that its +12V current rating is 8 Amps.

Even doing the power calculations using the load table on that power supply show that its only a 209.2 Watt power supply.

That power supply is only good enough for the Integrated Graphics that's on your motherboard's chipset.

TRENDING THREADS