Remove search ability from IE 6

October 25, 2004 3:29:09 AM

Hi all

How can i restrict a single User Account from searching the Web?
I could remove the Serach Button from IE, but not the ability to remove the
View / Explorer Bar / Search entry.

please help me..
thank you..

More about : remove search ability

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 3:29:40 PM

I don't see what good this would do. You would also have to restrict all
the Search sites on the web. i.e www.google.com &
http://search.msn.com/default.aspx & www.altavista.com/ & www.ask.com/
etc.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:3C287032-CF5C-496B-B691-4C46CDD58372@microsoft.com,
Florian Walthard <FlorianWalthard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> Hi all
>
> How can i restrict a single User Account from searching the Web?
> I could remove the Serach Button from IE, but not the ability to
> remove the View / Explorer Bar / Search entry.
>
> please help me..
> thank you..
October 26, 2004 5:27:12 AM

It can be done, but there is more involved here.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User