FX-4100 and FX-6100....

I just wanted to know is the fx-4100 and fx-6100 a good CPU for gaming? I reaallly don't have enough for a i5 2500k and according to http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/game_requirements_check the FXs are better (Or I'm looking at it wrong ;P ) So would they do well paired with a 6870 GPU? I would like to max GW2 and be able to run BF3 Medium or higher. Thaaannkks :D
27 answers Last reply
More about 4100 6100
  1. them fx cpu will be able max out them games with ht gpu
  2. Which one would you recommend?
  3. i would recommend the fx4100 beause u only need a 4 core n with gaming u will only use 2 core but i think u should go with the fx4100
  4. Phenom 965BE.
  5. Any reasons why?
  6. The 965BE is a true quad-core with better overall performance than the 4100.

If you can't get a 965BE, then a FX4100 will do you perfectly fine for gaming.
  7. So everyone says that the 965BE is the best with the 6870. I just wanna make sure, I don't wanna buy the wrong thing :\
  8. You'll be fine, although I just noticed that those Futuremark recommendations are strange.

My system doesn't meet it's "supposed" recommended spec for BF3 (my GTX 560 is apparently not enough), yet I can max it out at my res (1280x1024). I'm guessing the scores that those recommendations are based on are based on higher resolutions.
  9. xBUNx said:
    So everyone says that the 965BE is the best with the 6870. I just wanna make sure, I don't wanna buy the wrong thing :\

It is very fine combination. Just get a good chip mobo. SO that you can upgrade to piledrive cpu later if you wish.
  10. Is this a good MB? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131796 (Guessing no because of how cheap it is ;P )
  11. xBUNx said:
    Is this a good MB? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131796 (Guessing no because of how cheap it is ;P )

Nope because it's FM1. You need at least an AM3 board for the 965 BE, and my recommendation is a 990FX AM3+ board, so you can use a Piledriver CPU later.
  12. Asrock is horrific quality. Avoid. Their boards are paperweights. Last one I used died in less than six months and was half the weight of its Asus replacement. Go for a 965 + Asus M5A97. Come Christmas, you can stick in Piledriver if its released by then. You also don't need the 990 Chipset if you won't be crossfiring/SLI. Waste of cash.
  13. Smeg45 said:
    Asrock is horrific quality. Avoid. Their boards are paperweights. Last one I used died in less than six months and was half the weight of its Asus replacement. Go for a 965 + Asus M5A97. Come Christmas, you can stick in Piledriver if its released by then. You also don't need the 990 Chipset if you won't be crossfiring/SLI. Waste of cash.

ASRock is just fine, and you DO know that ASRock was a subsidiary of Asus at one point, right? The quality is damn near the same, ie. good.
  14. Smeg45 said:
    Asrock is horrific quality. Avoid. Their boards are paperweights. Last one I used died in less than six months and was half the weight of its Asus replacement. Go for a 965 + Asus M5A97. Come Christmas, you can stick in Piledriver if its released by then. You also don't need the 990 Chipset if you won't be crossfiring/SLI. Waste of cash.

Well do you have a MB that you would be able to look at? If sooo...link me please! :D
  15. This is the one that he's talking about ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

I'd still rather have a 990FX board personally, but that's just my opinion. I like the option of SLI.
  16. Well I am all about saving some money, and I don't really plan on doing SLI anytime soon... So the ASUS would probably be the best out of the two.
  17. I've built 2 computers using THAT exact motherboard and a 965BE.

They work together fantastically.
  18. Smeg45 said:

You're doing something wrong if you think ASRock has horrific quality.
  19. amuffin said:
    You're doing something wrong if you think ASRock has horrific quality.

A dead mobo in 6 months. Asrubbish. Avoid. Utter lightweight junk.
  20. Smeg45 said:
    A dead mobo in 6 months. Asrubbish. Avoid. Utter lightweight junk.

Maybe you got a faulty board.

I got a faulty Sapphire graphic card. I got error just after buy. But that dosent mean sapphire is a bad brand. After replacing, new sapphire gfx is doing good and i am happy with it.

Just cool down. Sometimes there is bad luck and you got a bad mobo. In production there will be no 100% efficient product. 97/98%.
  21. lol unfortunately an intel core i3-2120 outperforms both the fx-4100 and fx-6100
  22. xBUNx said:

Perfect. Good combination and you can upgrade to piledrive cpu later to that mobo.
  23. Can you guys take a look at my whole build and let me know what you think? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355300-31-will-parts-work#t2674006
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product