Best card for overclocked 1055T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I wouldn't worry too much about bottlenecking. Given your overclock, your performance should be just fine in most games and you should look at a gpu purchase from the same standpoint as if you were running a 2500k or better. Either pick your price range and shoot for the best card in that range or pick the performance level you want (based on your resolution, desired framerates 30+ and the games you want to play) and shop for the best deal that will provide that level. A 460 SE is a decent card, but you can find a pretty massive upgrade for a pretty good deal.

Of note 560 ti's can be had for about $180 after MIR right now (on some models- imo this is the deal to beat right now), and 69501GB can be had for around $210.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I wouldn't worry too much about bottlenecking. Given your overclock, your performance should be just fine in most games and you should look at a gpu purchase from the same standpoint as if you were running a 2500k or better. Either pick your price range and shoot for the best card in that range or pick the performance level you want (based on your resolution, desired framerates 30+ and the games you want to play) and shop for the best deal that will provide that level. A 460 SE is a decent card, but you can find a pretty massive upgrade for a pretty good deal.

Of note 560 ti's can be had for about $180 after MIR right now (on some models- imo this is the deal to beat right now), and 69501GB can be had for around $210.

Solution
beltz is right. if you check on ebay you can get a GTX 560 ti for a 30$ to 50$ discount. I got my ASUS Direct CUII GTX 560 ti off ebay the bid price was 150 but bidding is just a "Can't win" when someone is camping the bid amount button all the time so i just payed the buy it now price of 200$. and now i am running two GTX 560 ti's in SLI. the there card is a Reference Genuine NVIDIA GTX 560 ti. Goods cards, good performance and the 6950 may use more power and be hotter but it out performs the GTX 560 ti single card

Status
Not open for further replies.