Keyboard Short Cuts

I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me enter
anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?

Diana.
5 answers Last reply
More about keyboard short cuts

    [[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you press to
    start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically include CTRL+ALT.
    Press the key you want to add to this combination. For example, to define
    the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H, press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER,
    TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, DELETE, or BACKSPACE.
    No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key conflicts
    with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access key does not work.
    An access key is a letter or number that, when used in combination with the
    ALT key, carries out the same command as clicking the command with the
    mouse.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:C8A7ACC2-9741-4D1D-9B50-7B8F6D52F835@microsoft.com,
    Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I
    > have right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key
    > in the shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it
    > won't let me enter anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Diana.

    Create a shortcut of the shortcut.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
    > right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
    > shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me
    > enter
    > anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Diana.

    Wesley,
    Thank you for the advice, it worked.
    Diana

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > [[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you press to
    > start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically include CTRL+ALT.
    > Press the key you want to add to this combination. For example, to define
    > the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H, press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER,
    > TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, DELETE, or BACKSPACE.
    > No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key conflicts
    > with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access key does not work.
    > An access key is a letter or number that, when used in combination with the
    > ALT key, carries out the same command as clicking the command with the
    > mouse.]]
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:C8A7ACC2-9741-4D1D-9B50-7B8F6D52F835@microsoft.com,
    > Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I
    > > have right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key
    > > in the shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it
    > > won't let me enter anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
    > >
    > > Diana.

    Kelly,
    Thank you for your response
    Diana

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Create a shortcut of the shortcut.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
    > > right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
    > > shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me
    > > enter
    > > anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
    > >
    > > Diana.

    Diana,

    Keep having Fun! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:EAC8CEFA-1CE9-43FF-8DB3-552A79EB9E57@microsoft.com,
    Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley,
    > Thank you for the advice, it worked.
    > Diana
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> [[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you
    >> press to start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically
    >> include CTRL+ALT. Press the key you want to add to this combination.
    >> For example, to define the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H,
    >> press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER, TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN,
    >> DELETE, or BACKSPACE.
    >> No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key
    >> conflicts with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access
    >> key does not work. An access key is a letter or number that, when
    >> used in combination with the ALT key, carries out the same command
    >> as clicking the command with the mouse.]]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:C8A7ACC2-9741-4D1D-9B50-7B8F6D52F835@microsoft.com,
    >> Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
    >> pecked:
    >>> I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I
    >>> have right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key
    >>> in the shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it
    >>> won't let me enter anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
    >>>
    >>> Diana.

Configuration Keyboards Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP