Keyboard Short Cuts

October 25, 2004 10:27:02 AM

I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me enter
anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?

Diana.

More about : keyboard short cuts

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 3:12:46 PM

[[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you press to
start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically include CTRL+ALT.
Press the key you want to add to this combination. For example, to define
the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H, press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER,
TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, DELETE, or BACKSPACE.
No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key conflicts
with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access key does not work.
An access key is a letter or number that, when used in combination with the
ALT key, carries out the same command as clicking the command with the
mouse.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:C8A7ACC2-9741-4D1D-9B50-7B8F6D52F835@microsoft.com,
Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I
> have right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key
> in the shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it
> won't let me enter anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Diana.
October 26, 2004 5:20:28 AM

Create a shortcut of the shortcut.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
> right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
> shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me
> enter
> anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Diana.
October 27, 2004 11:49:15 AM

Wesley,
Thank you for the advice, it worked.
Diana

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> [[Provides a space for you to type a keyboard shortcut that you press to
> start or switch to a program. Shortcut keys automatically include CTRL+ALT.
> Press the key you want to add to this combination. For example, to define
> the shortcut key combination CTRL+ALT+H, press H. You cannot use ESC, ENTER,
> TAB, the SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, DELETE, or BACKSPACE.
> No other program can use this key combination. If the shortcut key conflicts
> with an access key in a Windows-based program, the access key does not work.
> An access key is a letter or number that, when used in combination with the
> ALT key, carries out the same command as clicking the command with the
> mouse.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:C8A7ACC2-9741-4D1D-9B50-7B8F6D52F835@microsoft.com,
> Diana, England <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I
> > have right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key
> > in the shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it
> > won't let me enter anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Diana.

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 11:51:03 AM

Kelly,
Thank you for your response
Diana

"Kelly" wrote:

> Create a shortcut of the shortcut.
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
>

> "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I wish to create keyboard short cuts for the icons on my desktop. I have
> > right clicked the icons and in properties tried to add the key in the
> > shortcut field where it currently says 'None'. However, it won't let me
> > enter
> > anything in this field. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Diana.

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:15:41 AM

Diana,