Sony Handycam DVD202E question

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 15, 2005 2:38:08 AM

I have formatted my mini DVD as video format, finalised it, and now I
can see all the BUP IFO and VOB files on the computer. At some point in
the future I would like to make a compilation to a traditional sized
DVD, but for now I could do with re-using the mini DVD as I don't want
to shell out each time until I get round to making my compilation. I
take it it's perfectly safe for me to copy these files to my hard disc,
format the mini DVD, and then copy the files back to the mini DVD at a
later stage isn't it (after taking a copy of my second recording of
course)

Also, will it be straightforward making a compilation from the two
DVD's? I assume there is like a title track, and there will be two
VTS_01's etc
--
Mike
Anonymous

I suggest that you extract each scene to a dedicated mpg file using the
supplied Picture Package software. You can then use the same software to
make a complilation on the dvd or even back to the dvd cam. This enables
you to watch the video and each individual scenes on your pc, and any dvd
editing software can use the files.

If you copy the vob files themselves, Picture Package can still read the
same files on your hard disk and extract the info, but you need to do this
first before you can do any editing of the files. Some DVD viewing software
will let you watch the DVD as a whole if you point them to the files to
play.

Mike NG <sweepdog@deadspam.com> wrote in news:$$cqefBA50rCFwO6
@sweepdog.home:

> I have formatted my mini DVD as video format, finalised it, and now I
> can see all the BUP IFO and VOB files on the computer. At some point in
> the future I would like to make a compilation to a traditional sized
> DVD, but for now I could do with re-using the mini DVD as I don't want
> to shell out each time until I get round to making my compilation. I
> take it it's perfectly safe for me to copy these files to my hard disc,
> format the mini DVD, and then copy the files back to the mini DVD at a
> later stage isn't it (after taking a copy of my second recording of
> course)
>
> Also, will it be straightforward making a compilation from the two
> DVD's? I assume there is like a title track, and there will be two
> VTS_01's etc
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:58:30 PM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 at 22:12:21, comfort (comfort <comfort@hotmail.com>)
wrote:
>I suggest that you extract each scene to a dedicated mpg file using the
>supplied Picture Package software.

Unfortunately the 202E doesn't come with software. It was a prize
though, so I am not complaining
--
Mike
!