Accura Slide Duplicator adapter?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 15, 2005 3:08:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I just picked up an Accura Slide Duplicator. I measured the threads,
and they appear to be 44.12mm. I would like to use it on my digicam
and was wondering if anyone knows the actual thread size and how I
would adapt it to the 52mm lens adapter on my Canon G6?

All help appreciated.

JFM
jfm a-t dixie1 d-o-t com
June 15, 2005 3:08:41 AM

"JFM" <seethemessage@foraddress.com> wrote in message
>I just picked up an Accura Slide Duplicator. I measured the threads,
> and they appear to be 44.12mm. I would like to use it on my digicam
> and was wondering if anyone knows the actual thread size and how I
> would adapt it to the 52mm lens adapter on my Canon G6?
>
> All help appreciated.
>
> JFM
> jfm a-t dixie1 d-o-t com

If it's a device like this;
http://DarrellLarose.ca/misc/Accura.jpg

Then it is an M42-75 or T-Mount. This is mounted on a SLR body using a
T-Mount adapter. I don't know any way to adapt this to hang in fron of a
lens.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 10:36:10 AM

Pretty sure you cannot do that. The slide copier is generally a T-Mount. It
is designed to fit an adapter that plugs into a camera body. NOT to any sort
of lens.

You will probably need to get something machined up.

"JFM" <seethemessage@foraddress.com> wrote in message
>I just picked up an Accura Slide Duplicator. I measured the threads,
> and they appear to be 44.12mm. I would like to use it on my digicam
> and was wondering if anyone knows the actual thread size and how I
> would adapt it to the 52mm lens adapter on my Canon G6?
>
> All help appreciated.
>
> JFM
> jfm a-t dixie1 d-o-t com
June 17, 2005 1:50:14 AM

Nope. Looks like this:

http://www.dixie1.com/pix/auctions/accura.jpg

It was used with a Nikon camera with bellows and macro lens. Has a
screw mount as described.

JFM
(to email, replace "diespammer" with "dixie1"

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:57:12 -0400, "Darrell" <spam@this.eh> wrote:

>"JFM" <seethemessage@foraddress.com> wrote in message
>>I just picked up an Accura Slide Duplicator. I measured the threads,
>> and they appear to be 44.12mm. I would like to use it on my digicam
>> and was wondering if anyone knows the actual thread size and how I
>> would adapt it to the 52mm lens adapter on my Canon G6?
>>
>> All help appreciated.
>>
>> JFM
>> jfm a-t dixie1 d-o-t com
>
>If it's a device like this;
>http://DarrellLarose.ca/misc/Accura.jpg
>
>Then it is an M42-75 or T-Mount. This is mounted on a SLR body using a
>T-Mount adapter. I don't know any way to adapt this to hang in fron of a
>lens.

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:37:20 PM

In article <3ooua15isqq8ee55gh7pbeqmlqdl0c8mkj@4ax.com>, JFM
<seethemessage@foraddress.com> wrote:

> I just picked up an Accura Slide Duplicator. I measured the threads,
> and they appear to be 44.12mm. I would like to use it on my digicam
> and was wondering if anyone knows the actual thread size and how I
> would adapt it to the 52mm lens adapter on my Canon G6?

JFM-

Look inside the duplicator and see if there are any optics. If there are,
it is possible the threads are standard T-Mount, intended to interface
with a T-Mount adapter on your camera body.

Such an adapter for your camera should not be very expensive since it
contains no optics. It is often used to adapt SLR bodies to telescopes.
I have them for most of my SLR bodies, both digital and film.

Fred
Anonymous
March 14, 2010 8:40:27 PM

Hi: RE: Your question about Accura slide duplicator. I just listed an IL model (new condition) on eBay. It is number 380215367797.
Take a look and maybe it'll help answer your question. You may bid for it, also, if you're interested.

Mike Gosselin
April 10, 2010 4:19:17 PM

I have the same Accura slide duplicator. The thread is a 44mm Series VI thread, and you need a step-up or step-down ring to whatever the thread size is on you lens. You can also get a Series VI to Series VII (54mm) adapter and then get from that to your lens (e.g. for a 52mm threaded lens you would get the series VI to series VII adapter (B&H part no. GBSDRS7S6) and a Series VII to 52mm adapter (B&H part no. GBAR52S7)
This duplicator has no optics, it's meant to mount in front of a macro lens or a lens on a bellows or extension tubes, as you have to focus on the slide/negative about 1-2 inches in front of the lens.
August 22, 2011 4:23:21 AM

That looks like the Accura Variable Magnification Duplicator. It has a Series VI mount that can be adapted to most modern lens filter mounts with an appropriate adapter. You can find specs and more info on the Camera-Wiki.org page about the unit. There are links there to more detailed accounts from people who've adapted it for use on modern crop sensor digital cameras.

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Accura_Variable_Magnification_Duplicator

!