Sign in with
Your question

Which do u think is better

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 26, 2012 11:13:33 PM

in a fair and general note, i would like people opinion as to which is the better gpu brand [ amd or nvida ]
putting aside 3d, as to gaming wise, i always taut it was amd, but now i see nvida is getting better.
based on experience, what do u all think?

More about : question

a c 92 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 26, 2012 11:15:45 PM

Generally gaming wise nvidia has been the on with the most powerful chip but amd is the one with less power hungry chips for less money.

They both off great gpus but I prefer AMD due to the lower power consumption for the same performance.
a c 179 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 12:42:12 AM

In my opinion I think that AMD makes a better lowend card and they tend to have more of a selection than Nvidia on the lowend cards. I feel the Nvidia has the topend covered with what they can do and a lot of the dev's use Nvidia's as the plat form to do there programing for the games.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 1:09:09 AM

Both, if either company was far superior than the other, there wouldn't be a competitive GPU market. It also varies from generation to generation but both companies make excellent chips especially in the mid-to-high end segments (AMD offers great value in the lower segment, though)
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 1:46:47 AM

I think you should stop these kind of wars, because you'll have the same answer like the old thread that was talking about the same thing. In my opinion is it is always a personal preference. AMD is better in Price/Performance, Consume Power, Eyefinity, High FPS in most game than nvidia's same price counterpart. Nvidia is on the other side has better community and support (they have geforce.com, slizone, tegrazone, etc.), better drivers and support of CUDA and other stuff. For the selection of cards, AMD I think has a better job on this, especially the low end cards. The higher end cards is about the same, the mainstream one AMD has more cards they sell. But My advise is, if you are looking for low end cards, buy an AMD one :) . in you don't have more than $100, I suggest you should buy an AMD card instead of Nvidia :) .
January 27, 2012 2:11:18 AM

refillable said:
I think you should stop these kind of wars, because you'll have the same answer like the old thread that was talking about the same thing. In my opinion is it is always a personal preference. AMD is better in Price/Performance, Consume Power, Eyefinity, High FPS in most game than nvidia's same price counterpart. Nvidia is on the other side has better community and support (they have geforce.com, slizone, tegrazone, etc.), better drivers and support of CUDA and other stuff. For the selection of cards, AMD I think has a better job on this, especially the low end cards. The higher end cards is about the same, the mainstream one AMD has more cards they sell. But My advise is, if you are looking for low end cards, buy an AMD one :) . in you don't have more than $100, I suggest you should buy an AMD card instead of Nvidia :) .

dude, it isnt a war, i was jus curious, :lol:  to hear others perspective and opinions isnt war, its part of the solution to peace :D  that's y i said based on experience, what do u all THINK?
from a noob perspective, it would sound as if amd is the better brand, i'm jus saying, not criticizing, its nice to know what people think about stuff lik this. Very interesting stuff
January 27, 2012 2:47:10 AM

When? That's what matters. As of right now AMD has the best card available, the 7970. Six weeks ago it was nVidia. When Kepler ships it's quite possible nVidia will take the crown again.

I don't care what name is on the side of any piece of equipment I buy, the only thing I care about is its performance. As of right this moment, AMD is king of gpus.
January 27, 2012 10:17:09 AM

thats tru, but amd made the 7970 that uses a 3.0 x16 pci slot. funny that they made that but no amd chipset motherboards out there, with that slot. i checked last night, only intel. just imagine if some genius merges both technology, the outcome wud be limitless... :lol:  i agree with u a4mula. amd is the best as of the moment and it changes every few weeks.
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 11:07:54 AM

To clear out confusion, PCI-E 3.0 cards will work fine on PCI-E 2.0 Motherboards.
!