Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgrading Graphics Card Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 27, 2012 12:49:56 AM

Hello everyone, I was surfing the web, and I'm totally at a loss here. I want to upgrade my graphics card to a better one, and eventually CrossFire the two. Thats the hope anyway. I'm unsure about what graphics card to get, or even look for, so some general answers would be nice. Like "Get the ~ because it is cheap, and has better specs"
Im not really sure what everyone needs for my hardware specs, so I got CPU-Z and I'm just going to post everything on here.
My hardware:
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad-core Processor
Motherboard: MSI Model MS-7388
Chipset: AMD 790X
RAM: Corsair DDR2 6144MB (Part #: CM2X2048-6400C5)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series 512MBytes (Bus Width 256 bits) Technology: 55nm

I'm not really sure what the exact type of graphics card I put in here years ago, and I've long since lost the box it came in. Sorry guys. I've looked on the internet and I think its a HD 3870, but some say "Diamond, Sapphire" I have no idea when it comes to that. I just want to know what would be a good upgrade for me. I can do a single card and not CrossFire it, if that would be better/easier on the wallet.
Thanks for hearing me out guys, sorry I cant supply more information.

Best solution

a c 1363 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 1:26:01 AM
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 1:52:14 AM

I don't think anything higher than this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Will be good, means it will bottleneck. If you want to crossfire, make sure you change your CPU, at least to a Phenom II. I think it should be fine with a Phenom II with a BIOS update.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2012 9:49:41 PM

Best answer selected by SilentDut.
m
l
January 27, 2012 9:50:08 PM

Thanks guys! Now I just need a way to order online, haha.
m
l
!