Crash during Auto Update...

A power outage during an auto-update is now causing me a slight problem. I
was in the middle of the "Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1". The
download is complete and I have access to it but the update will no longer
complete. I've tried re-downloading and get the same problem. During the
installation process, I will get a message stating that....

************
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=ox1350 (4944), Thread di=0x134c( 4940).

Click Okay to terminate the application.
Click Cancel to debug the application.
************

I've tried cleaning the registry with Regseeker. I does not seem to make a
difference.

Any thoughts on how I can get this service pack to install?
Thanks

Restore your system to an earlier restore point and start over.

"JCO" wrote:

> A power outage during an auto-update is now causing me a slight problem. I
> was in the middle of the "Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1". The
> download is complete and I have access to it but the update will no longer
> complete. I've tried re-downloading and get the same problem. During the
> installation process, I will get a message stating that....
>
> ************
> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
> Process id=ox1350 (4944), Thread di=0x134c( 4940).
>
> Click Okay to terminate the application.
> Click Cancel to debug the application.
>
> I've tried cleaning the registry with Regseeker. I does not seem to make a
> difference.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can get this service pack to install?
> Thanks

That did not work, but I uninstalled Net Frame 1.1. I then reinstalled it.
After that I was able to put the service pack back on.
Thanks