Sign in with
Your question

Windows Kernel-Power Error on New PC.

Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2012 1:56:46 PM

I just built a new computer about 2 weeks ago, and everything seemed fine until recently. I started getting "Kernel-Power" errors, usually when I play Star Wars, the old republic, there is no BSoD instead what happens is that I am doing everything normally, and suddenly i get this streak of multicolored pixels across a black screen and the pc restarts.

My Computer specs are:
500w Corsair PSU.
Sapphire Radeon 6850
i5-2500k
OCZ 60gb SSD
16gb ripjaws DDR3
Asus P8Z68-V LE mobo.

I have the latest bios on my motherboard, Microsoft Security essentials returns clean, no minidump is created even though I have it on.

Also I'm running Prime95 on my pc right now and have been for the past hour, but I can't recreate the error that way.

Thanks for your time.
a c 253 $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 2:52:41 PM

Are all of your drivers and Windows up to date? Also, are you overclocking anything?
m
l
January 14, 2012 3:14:10 PM

I believe that they are up to date, as I just installed the drivers a few weeks ago, and no, there is no overclocking happening at the moment.

I appreciate the response.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 4:05:44 PM

Drivers off CD or website, as they will be newer on the latter.
m
l
January 14, 2012 4:10:47 PM

I took them off CD originally but I went through every driver right now and clicked update, says that they are all up to date.
m
l
January 23, 2012 7:07:46 PM

I made sure to install all the latest drivers,

this is still happening.

Usually what it looks like is everything working fine, then suddenly I get a streak of multicoloured pixels accross the screen and the pc restarts.
m
l
!