Memory or Windows ME problem?

G

What is the usual cause for a computer to hang? Can this be the Memory or Windows OS? Can it be fixed by changing the Memory or reformatting/reinstalling the OS?

G

regardless what people wish to think the users is the main reason for probly 80% of lock ups. but if you buy low grade products like cheap ram thats also a reason. ive been building forever. i only use crutial or micron memory now since i had so many problems with lockups. when i was working as a lacky tech some time ago i was told and shown the difrence. cheap ram is that and will work like cheap ram. spend the extra $5 to $10 for high quality ram like crutial or micron. and that may fix your problems for the most part. and make sure you maintain your system. clean install it ever so often to get rid of system crashing curupt files. there are alot more u can do but i dont ahve time to list them all. (btw i been running my comp with micron for over a year with out one blue screen or crash and yes im running Windows ME and have been since it came out and not once ahve had the problems tom has talked about or other people.)

Computer Shop owner and Head tech.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Blade2G on 05/03/01 02:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>