dual boot xp and win2k

I first installed win2k pro on the c: drive
I made a new partition and installed win xp pro.
But I can only boot into xp, and i get no choices.
All the files are still on my computer. How can I have a choice of which os
to boot into?
2 answers Last reply
More about dual boot win2k

    Bing - Boot It Next Generation
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "bagtagsell" <bagtagsell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I first installed win2k pro on the c: drive
    > I made a new partition and installed win xp pro.
    > But I can only boot into xp, and i get no choices.
    > All the files are still on my computer. How can I have a choice of which
    > os
    > to boot into?

    Unfortunately, due to servicing customers w/ commercial software, its necessary
    to stay with some older systems... any ideas (I am running into the same
    issue)
    Microsoft has a known issue with the following dual boot scenario:

    Install Win XP (primary C:\ partition presumably)
    Install Win 2K on another primary partition.

    ==> Windows XP does not boot any more. The fix is:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/doug91.mspx
    - Essentially you repair the corrupted ntdlr file.

    I am trying to do it this way, and I will let you know how it goes.

    ..... However, the info. on the Microsoft Website indicates to install the
    older O.S.s
    first followed by the most recent (which I also tried).
    Ex:
    Win 2K on a D: slice followed by Windows XP on the C: partition ..
    ==> Windows 2K will no longer boot .. ? some other fix (probably
    simillar, but
    I have not tried yet.

    - M

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Bing - Boot It Next Generation
    > http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "bagtagsell" <bagtagsell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I first installed win2k pro on the c: drive
    > > I made a new partition and installed win xp pro.
    > > But I can only boot into xp, and i get no choices.
    > > All the files are still on my computer. How can I have a choice of which
    > > os
    > > to boot into?

Configuration Dual Boot Boot Customization Windows XP