My pc wont start

Spyly

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
It seems the problem started after I turned off the pc from the power switch.. The next day I took off the parts for cleaning and then mounted them back. When I tried to turn on though a sudden "startup" for like 1 second and then it turned off again.. After pressing the power button again nothing happens. As if I'm not clueless about these, I checked the psu cables again and no problem.. The issue continued.. When I dismounted the vga card and tried again the pc turned on normally.. If though I mount the vga and NOT insert the 6-pin psu cable on it the pc wont start again.. To me it seems like a vga failure but i dont get it why the pc wont even turn on.. Anyone has any idea?

The psu is a coolermaster 460w
8800gts 512MB PoV card
P35 neo-f mobo

the psu wattage was always efficient.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Like you said you took off the parts for cleaning, it can be a lot of stuff... i don't believe it is a gpu problem because the psu turn on when the problem is only there, are you sure you mounted the cpu cooler with termal paste right? or maybe a memory problem? try changing/using only one memory slot, maybe you forget to use some psu cable? 2 power cables in motherboard? all coolers are working?

May be a lot of stuff, even a chance that you damaged the components while cleaning, soo there is a lot of tests to do;;;

Are you saying you are not connecting the video card power? Or are and it's not stating? From what you wrote you said if you have the video card in but not it's power lead it won't start.

You need the video card power in to run the system. Why would you try to start it without it?

If you have all the power hooked up and it's not starting, something happened when you cleaned whatever you did. Try the video card in another system see if it's OK there.