Best SD card reader?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 15, 2005 10:44:51 AM

Hi, I bought a camera which uses SD cards and was wondering which
brand/model of card reader works best? The shops around here sell "Dazzle
Hi-Speed" readers, but I've heard mixed reviews about these. Any
recommendations?

Thanks,
Ray

More about : card reader

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 11:35:09 AM

Have a look for the Sandisk branded 12 in 1 reader, works a treat for pretty
much any card.

"Ray Muensch" <rmuensch@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D 7Qre.11377$li.11017@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Hi, I bought a camera which uses SD cards and was wondering which
> brand/model of card reader works best? The shops around here sell "Dazzle
> Hi-Speed" readers, but I've heard mixed reviews about these. Any
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:11:30 PM

Ray Muensch wrote:

> Hi, I bought a camera which uses SD cards and was wondering which
> brand/model of card reader works best? The shops around here sell "Dazzle
> Hi-Speed" readers, but I've heard mixed reviews about these. Any
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

Don't forget a lot of the newer printers have card readers built in.

The reader on my Epson RX620 runs about 5x quicker than a dedicated
USB2.0 (supposedly) reader.

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

Odie Ferrous wrote:
[]
> The reader on my Epson RX620 runs about 5x quicker than a dedicated
> USB2.0 (supposedly) reader.

Are you sure your USB reader was really working at V2.0 hi-speed? USB 2.0
full speed only gets USB 1.1 speeds (confusing, isn't it?). See:

http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm

David
!