Computer wont do anything

ssseksci

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
ok so i built this computer about 3 months ago and everything was great no issues at all. then all the sudden i was restarting my computer one night, wasn't updating or anything like that just did it for a game. when it went to restart it
shut off and would not power back on. i tryed all the plugs and everything else, i jump started my PSU with a paperclip
and it works fine. i have the sabertooth P67 mother board, when the power supply is plugged in the green light on the
motherboard stays lit up supposedly meaning everyhing is ok, but no power to anything, the fans dont spin no lights come on except the one on the mother board, i very stumped and have no idea what it could be please any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont understand why all the sudden it would just quit working like that

sabertooth p67 motherboard
intel i7 2600k cpu
tx850w psu
corsair liquid cooled
ripsawX 16bg (4x4gb) ddr3 ram
GTX 580 graphics card

johnpaul182

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Neither will my girlfriend! (Title)

All jokes aside, have you tried plugging it into a different wall socket? Sounds stupid but I was reading a thread on here not that long ago about a Pc that wouldn't boot up, but once he tried another socket, WALLAH it booted up!

have you tried using the clear the cmos jumper..sometime things happen and clearing out the cmos sometime fixes glitches with mb not posting. on most new mb and power supply there a 5 volt leg that has to come on for these new mb to turn on. forgot if it a plus 5 or neg 5 volt line. if you have a meter check to see when the power switch is pressed your getting that 5v.