AMD Athlon CPU Temp While Under Load

Hello,

I've been converting some large files and noticed the cpu temp is around 55C. It's 42C at idle. The ASROCK utility defaults to 50C. Don't really know what that does as 55C is hotter than 50C and system didn't shut down or issue any warning. Maybe it's supposed to kick up the fan speed but it also defaulted to the max.

Is 55C an ok temp for the AMD Athlon X3 455 3300mhz triple core processor to run under a load? My old AMD TBird ran around 55C normal.

I do alot of video rendering and file conversions. Should I be looking at a better CPU Fan? I have an old server case but it's not wide like newer ones, only 6" so it won't handle these huge fan/heat sinks. I'm limited to what will fit as well as the mem chips next to it as well.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about athlon temp load
  1. 55c for a triple-core is ok, if your using the stock heatsink and video rendering and I would normally recommend Hyper 212 Evo, but 6" clearence from board to case doens't leave much to play with, maybe Corsair H60 water cooling?
  2. das_stig said:
    55c for a triple-core is ok, if your using the stock heatsink and video rendering and I would normally recommend Hyper 212 Evo, but 6" clearence from board to case doens't leave much to play with, maybe Corsair H60 water cooling?

I think the Vortex Plus may fit and it has 4 pins but if 55C is ok for the stock AMD heatsink & fan why spend the dollars.

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD