Gigabyte 560 ti OC problem

adizntk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
hello

On tuesday this week I've bought my new Gigabyte GTX560 ti but i wasn't happy for long. When Im trying to play any game the Monitor loses connection with PC and computer freeze so i need to restart it. This happens with WOW and BF3 but not with CS 1.6 i think is because CS 1.6 is just old game but even my old 7900 GTO could handle WOW. When this happens the fans on the Graphic card speeds up a lot. Please help me if you can.

Thanks

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

[strike]What is your psu?[/strike] looks like the video card is turning off when it is stressed, of course cs don't do that, the game uses what 2% of the video card?lol...

Looks like a psu problem, make sure the psu can handle the video card, and make sure all pci-e 6pin are connected.

looks like something like that...

adizntk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

i have been told that this PSU can easily handle all the harware i have and everything is connected correctly. Also if I play wow in Window mode there isn't any problem at all :( I bought this PSU like 3 months ago and is 750w.

Winpower...uh oh, I think that's Wintech, which is an Apevia OEM. You may have a PSU-shaped object there, which shouldn't be used with computer equipment. I suspect you're overloading it, and it is wandering out of spec. A quality 500W PSU is enough for a GTX560Ti.

adizntk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
The GPU core clock speed at first comes to 900 then it goes to 405 and when i log in (wow) it gets to 51 and after the world is loaded the monitor loses connection and the fans on the graphic card are going much faster then they were before :( I asked about the PSU already in Novatech, thats where i got all my parts from and they said it will be fine :(

Yes, and the PSU's label says it's good for 750W too. Everyone is telling stories today!

Seriously, the PSU is junk. A Novatech sales droid isn't going to know squat about the products he sells, just about the commissions he gets for selling them.

A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch), and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. NZXT are made by Seasonic too.

adizntk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
what if it isnt a PSU? I will go to my friend and test it if it works so then I will know that i will not waste any money. I only earn £61 a week :(

Your GPU clock speeds are supposed to fluctuate depending on the load, so that is normal. 900 mhz is the standard speed for a Gigabyte OC card. I have heard in the past that the SOC models, clocked at 950 or 1000 mhz, were overly ambitious and did not provide enough voltage. It's less likely for the 900 mhz model. I'm thinking power supply, and I don't recommend you try to increase the GPU voltage until you test out a new PSU first.

adizntk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I will not change anything with the voltage because im not sure what is going to happen. I will test it with other PSU and i will give there results of the testing here. Thanks For Help :)

TRENDING THREADS