Sign in with
Your question

PC just turns off.

Last response: in Systems
April 4, 2012 2:47:21 AM

TomsHardWare,

Right so I have had this computer for the best part of 3 months now - And there has been an underlying problem ever since I built it. So this problem normally occurs once a every 3 weeks I'm going to say but it's happened twice today. It's hard to explain but I can be rendering or just talking on skype and the PC turns off screen goes black the full nine. Then it stays off for around 3 - 5 seconds before rebooting with no errors or anything. No blue screens. Just boots up like nothing happened. It's not a problem but can be if it's mid render for example. And the chance of me rendering something when it goes is rare since it normally happens every three weeks. But as I said it went twice today.
Specs
2600k (Not overclocked)
AsRock Extreme 3 Gen 3
8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
gtx 570
Corsair HX 750w PSU

If I can get any help it would be much appreciated. If you have any questions please leave them below - But I really can't say much more than this. Just a little worried it went twice today (first time that happened)

Cain.

More about : turns

April 4, 2012 2:49:39 AM

I suggest you monitor your Cpu and Gpu temps, could be something to do with either of them overheating.
April 4, 2012 2:51:15 AM

johnpaul182 said:
I suggest you monitor your Cpu and Gpu temps, could be something to do with either of them overheating.

Got a NH-D14 sitting on the 2600k
Related resources
April 4, 2012 2:56:33 AM

Still could be overheating, shouldn't rule it out because you have a decent cooler on it, you could of applied too much thermal grease when you was mounting the fan, the amount of times i've seen people getting high temps because of this problem. Saying that it could be faulty RAM, try booting up your system with only 1 stick installed.
April 4, 2012 2:58:14 AM

johnpaul182 said:
Still could be overheating, shouldn't rule it out because you have a decent cooler on it, you could of applied too much thermal grease when you was mounting the fan, the amount of times i've seen people getting high temps because of this problem. Saying that it could be faulty RAM, try booting up your system with only 1 stick installed.

Temps are fine dude, I monitor them while rendering regardless. If it was RAM I think it would occur more often.
April 4, 2012 3:01:23 AM

Never can be too sure.
April 4, 2012 3:02:40 AM

johnpaul182 said:
Never can be too sure.

Yeah I understand - Temps are fine. Lets see what other people say. I posted this at a very unsociable time so we will have to wait. But I'm not going to rule anything out right now.
April 4, 2012 3:07:57 AM

True about the choice of time! Good luck man, hope you get the problem sorted.
April 4, 2012 11:15:15 AM

Anybody else have any smart ideas?

(:
April 5, 2012 11:55:52 PM

Guys it just did it again. It does not give me any BSOD codes or anything.
!