6600 - Infared Connection

Last response: in Brands
April 13, 2004 11:19:29 PM

Hey all

No matter what I try I cannot seem to connect my 6600 to my PC through
infared to use with Mobile Action handset manager.

The USB infared device is installed properly and as soon as it detects the
6600 it tries looking for a driver for it which I cannot find anywhere. It
may be connected with with Nokia Modem Options software??? After installing
it it doesn't seem to do anything and the Nokia modem option they describe
as being in control panel is not there?

I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling and downloading the software from
the net instead of the CD version, checking infared selected in mrouter but
all to no avail.

Any advice or cures would be greatly appreciated!

I used to use a different version of Handset Manager and the same infared
connector to connect my SL55 with no problems whatsoever.

Many thanks

Clippy

--

Windows / MSN Messenger: clippy@crymealiver.com
Anonymous

"Clippy" <clippy@crymealiver.com> wrote in message news:<c5havf$ii7$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> Hey all
>
> No matter what I try I cannot seem to connect my 6600 to my PC through
> infared to use with Mobile Action handset manager.

I had problem with IR and Nokia PC suit, until I've figured how to
position the phone. My advices:
1. Don't keep the phone in the hand, put it on the table near
reciever. Seems connection more easy to establish if phone unmoving.
2. I think that IR in the 6600 in the middle of the left side, so
orient phone accoringly.
3. Turn off firewall (you can keep integrated windows firewall
though). Sometimes turning off internet connection help too.

As soon as connection established you can take phone again, move it a
little etc. Established connection quite stable and not easyly
breakable.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 10:12:36 PM

"Serg" <serg271@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Clippy" <clippy@crymealiver.com> wrote in message
> > Hey all
> >
> > No matter what I try I cannot seem to connect my 6600 to my PC through
> > infared to use with Mobile Action handset manager.
> >

> I had problem with IR and Nokia PC suit, until I've figured how to
> position the phone. My advices:
> 1. Don't keep the phone in the hand, put it on the table near
> reciever. Seems connection more easy to establish if phone unmoving.
> 2. I think that IR in the 6600 in the middle of the left side, so
> orient phone accoringly.
> 3. Turn off firewall (you can keep integrated windows firewall
> though). Sometimes turning off internet connection help too.
>
> As soon as connection established you can take phone again, move it a
> little etc. Established connection quite stable and not easyly
> breakable.

Making the connection is not the problem. It's how windows then detects it
and insists on trying to install a driver for the 6600. I've given up on PC
Suite and Handset Manager as when I cancel the windows driver install both
these pieces of software then won't connect to the phone and recognise it.
I've managed to get some third party software that works fine with it and
seems far more functional anyway.
!