SunkenShips

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello Just finished installing my cpu i7 3770k and my h80 and the cpu is running around at 89-90 degrees F
no overclocking has been done,could it be a faulty corsair h80?

InvalidError

Titan

A faulty HSF would be 90 degrees CELCIUS under light/moderate load.

90F is my current room temperature so unless you were using vapor-cooling, TEC or some other form of below-ambient cooling, it is effectively impossible for the CPU to be much cooler than that.

SunkenShips

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Thanx for the replies! Here are my readings from my asus board
I have just the H80 fans hooked up so far.

Still have about 11 fans that have not been hooked up.
temperatures reading and settings ahead! I did re-apply
some paste on it since the first paste was melted in a day...
Computer is idle nothing is going on.

Cpu:

40BF4.jpg

Volts:

smgsI.jpg

That's cooler than I would have expected, but I noticed that your motherboard temp is the same as your CPU temp, which is slightly strange, considering that the motherboard temp is usually the ambient air temp inside the case. That shows even more that the H80 is doing a great job.

Now, check your temps at idle in Windows. The BIOS isn't true idle because the power saving features aren't active.

InvalidError

Titan

The other option is that it shows how incoherent temperature readings between non-calibrated thermal sensors can be.

If you use a REAL thermometer and attach it to the motherboard's temperature sensor, you may discover that the motherboard sensors are off by 5-10C, same goes for CPU temperatures except there is no practical way of attaching a temperature probe for comparison there.