DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Comes with the chip, even if you sell the chip to someone else the warranty follows.

Edit:

Should be tracked by intel via serial number, so be sure to keep your box/book and everything. Overclocking is not included in this 3yr plan, you will have to buy the Overclock protection plan for that, which is $35 for the i7 i believe.

Lets see if I can make this even a little clearer. The warranty is very simply you dont need to register or sign up for anything to have the warranty go into effect. If there is a questions as to when processor was purchased (this is when the warranty starts) you will be asked to show your receipt to technical support.

As far as overclocking goes you can pick up the Intel® Performance Tuning Plan at http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/ for $25 that will give you 1 exchange during the warranty period even if you overclock it.

If you need to talk to our technical support you can do that by calling them at 916-377-7000.

Hi Christiian :)

Interesting one this as my shops obviously sell Intel chips....

In the UK...DOES THE SAME APPLY ??

As a matter of interest we (my shops) guarantee everything we sell for 1 year anyway....

Now back to the Intel guarantee.... as a subsequent purchaser (if the op sold his chip on to someone else) , would probably NOT have the receipt for the original chip, is the warranty invalid ?

And how long IS the warranty (worldwide) if no tuning plan is purchased ??

All the best Brett :)