amylovessummer

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hello,
i have a brand new ASUS laptop and it died. It went off as i was putting the headphone cord into the port.. except i accidentally placed it into the wrong port but not with any force and there is no damage to the port but no lights are coiming on at all.

Solution
Hey there, this is quite a strange problem!

The first thing I would try is a complete static discharge.
Remove the battery and the AC adapter, and hold the power button in for 15 seconds. Then put the battery in and try it again.

If no luck, try running the computer with the battery out. Simply remove the battery, plug the laptop in as usual and see if it works.

If not.. it's possible the board has shorted out. If this is the case, unfortunately the laptop would need to be returned to wherever you bought it :( (Just don't mention about the plugging the headphone in thing)

What port did you plug the headphone cord into?

beefybish

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Hey there, this is quite a strange problem!

The first thing I would try is a complete static discharge.
Remove the battery and the AC adapter, and hold the power button in for 15 seconds. Then put the battery in and try it again.

If no luck, try running the computer with the battery out. Simply remove the battery, plug the laptop in as usual and see if it works.

If not.. it's possible the board has shorted out. If this is the case, unfortunately the laptop would need to be returned to wherever you bought it :( (Just don't mention about the plugging the headphone in thing)

What port did you plug the headphone cord into?

Solution

amylovessummer

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
hey there beefybish...
i was all set to take my laptop back in store but i did what you said and its working!! thank you soo much you have save me a lot of hassle and ill be sure to look when i am plugging stuff in to it haha... thanks again :) x

killermoats

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
I would still take it back and have it replaced. As above with out telling them what you did. Just say it randomly shuts off. It will ensure that any issues (currently resolved) will not pop up later and you will not regret getting it replaced. Far too many times I'll have customers come in my store and regret not taking back a system that was "funky" from day one. And it's like a year and a day later just out of warranty.

BurntWaffle

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
The same thing happened to me... I was using my almost month old Asus Laptop and tried plugging the headphones in; plugged it into the USB. It shut down. I've tried to remove the battery, but it seems that it cannot be removed, and I can't disassemble it. My option of taking it back isn't likely to be able to happen, and I've already tried holding down the power button. Is there anything else I could do?!

TRENDING THREADS