Different 'colors' coming out of each output

seanflynn151

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Just purchased a XFX Radeon HD 6970 and I am having an issue. The top DVI is tinting everything purple, while the bottom output is giving its true color. I have tried using the same monitor just switching the connection back and forth, but the distinction is clear.

Any thoughts on why this may be occurring? Did I get a bum card? Can I just use the bottom DVI? or should I be using the top one? (not sure if on a 1 monitor system if it matters)

Thank You for your help

Hm... that's definitely odd. I really can't say if it's a bad card or if that's normal, but that doesn't sound right.

At the same time, the output plug you use doesn't matter whatsoever, so you can just use the bottom one.

You might want to send a support email to XFX and see what they say. If they offer a free RMA then it might be worth it.

seanflynn151

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Solved the issue. It was very odd. For some reason, the top DVI port had a Color Temperature Control setting in CCC set to a very high setting, thus making it purplish. It did not occur with the bottom port. No idea how this happened, as it was a fresh install.. I had even uninstalled CCC and associated drivers and it still was 'stuck' for 1 port on a high temp setting.. manually lowered it, vioal, bot DVI's are the same..