Nikto11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello, I have the option to either buy a new CPU, Mobo, and ram now or wait 2-3 months. Will hardware prices change in a few months time?

Was looking at getting an IB processor, z77 Mobo and 8gb of ram.

Solution

No reason for Intel to drop.

Ram is still cheap.

There is going to be passed new tax for online purchases soon.

I suggest, you go get it now.
If you're in the market buy now. Intel does not drop the prices of their CPUs ever for any reason (doesn't matter if they're older generation or not). The motherboards might drop a couple bucks, but I doubt it, and even if they do, is it really worth depriving yourself of a better computer?

Nikto11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Basically I dont have a lot of time to use my computer right now as compared to 2-3 months time. I'll have pretty much the same amount of money to spend, I just don't want to buy now and then when my time frees up a the prices have dropped. Micro center has a pretty good CPU/Mobo deal going on now, I'm not sure how long it will last.

popatim

Titan
the only thing I can think of coming out in the next couple of months is the 660Ti so unless you want that theres no point waiting. Hmm.. unless of course it drives down the price of the gpu you do want. But Z77 motherbds wont come down much and neither will Intel cpus. Ram.. who knows there might be another fire in china (like in the late 90's) and drive all the ram prices skyhigh.

No reason for Intel to drop.

Ram is still cheap.

There is going to be passed new tax for online purchases soon.

I suggest, you go get it now.

Solution

Nikto11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

I live ~30 min from a Micro Center. Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to go ahead and get the CPU, Mobo, ram, and wait to get a new GPU.

Well, than they have deals on walk-in customers for mobo's + CPU's. Best deals in the country.